Friday 12 January 2018

Some of the Reasons I Love Princess and the Frog…

I just watched Princess and the Frog again and I thought it was about time for another blog post where I talk about just how much I love this movie.

I know quite a lot of people focus on the fact that Tiana should have spent more time as a human instead of a frog, (it is true, she should have) but if that’s the part that people focus in on then I think they’re missing a lot of wonderful stuff. So I am going to share just some of the reasons I love Princess and the Frog

·         Princess and the Frog is the rare Disney Princess movie that features female friendship and shows it as being important. Tiana has clearly been friends with Lottie for a long time and during the ball when Tiana gets knocked down Lottie immediately helps her get back up.

·         "The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work." I love that line.

·         Naveen is not Tiana’s happy ending. I’m sure we all know the problematic trend in Disney Princess movies of having a man be a woman’s happy ending. However Princess and the Frog avoided this trap, Naveen is a part of Tiana’s happy ending but he is not all of her happy ending.

·         I love that Tiana’s goal is to open her own restaurant and I love that she is willing to work hard to achieve that.

·         The music is fun. It’s a little different from the more traditional Disney Princess songs but Princess and the Frog has a really upbeat soundtrack that I can listen to repeatedly.

·         The animation is beautiful. I feel like Princess and the Frog deserves more appreciation just for the fact that it is (at the moment) the last hand drawn 2D animated Disney Princess movie. But not did it use the traditional animation style one last time it used it really effectively in many very visually striking scenes.

·         And finally, Tiana is the best Disney Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment