Sunday 28 January 2018

First Toronto Trip of 2018

Last year I ended up going into Toronto for the day once a month. This Saturday I went into Toronto for the first time this year.
I traveled by Greyhound as I usually do and as usual my first stop once I arrived in Toronto was the Eaton Centre mall. I love the Eaton Centre, it really is a great mall. I browsed the mall and bought some stuff (there’ll be a My Haul post about what I bought tomorrow). I also had lunch in the mall, currently I am a vegetarian and I thought I might struggle to find something good but honestly I was spoilt for choice, there were a lot of great options.

Then I stopped by the Toronto sign, I know it’s touristy to go there every time and yet still I do!

After that I went off to my favourite coffee shop, The Black Canary comic coffee shop. I got a couple of comics and I had a coffee, as I usually do I went for a Poison Ivy. Maybe next time I will finally try a different drink.
Next I went off to try a new museum, the Bata Shoe Museum. It’s a fascinating mix of fashion, design and social history. I really enjoyed looking around the interesting and well laid out displays.
When I left it was raining and I didn’t want to go walking around Toronto in the rain. So I was looking for something to do and about a block away I found the Gardiner Ceramics Museum. My personal favourite display was the Mesoamerican exhibits. I was not expecting to do two museums in one day but they were both interesting.

At this point day was starting to become evening and so I walked back from Bloor Street to Dundas Street and the Eaton Centre area. I got some dinner, had a final browse and then went to catch my bus back.


I had a really good day, I have enjoyed Toronto every time I have visited but I think this one was a particularly good visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment