Friday 2 March 2018

It’s Been a Good Week to Be a Disnerd


Usually I don’t do news roundup posts, this is just not the type of blog. But there’s been some rather exciting Disney news over the past week that I wanted to do a post sharing my reaction.

© Disney

Tuesday – Disneyland Paris is Getting Bigger

After I’d had breakfast on Tuesday morning I checked my Twitter and saw an announcement from Disney. Disneyland Paris (my Disney theme park) is getting a major new expansion for the Disney Studios Park. The new stuff looks so amazing: there’s a new Toy Story ride, and then a Star Wars land, a Marvel land and a Frozen land! There’s not really been much in the way of specific details announced just yet but the concept art looks stunning. I honestly was not expecting Disneyland Paris to be getting anything like this or anything on this scale in the near future. The thought that the world of Frozen is coming to Disneyland Paris is just super exciting to me.

Wednesday – Wreck it Ralph 2 and Happy Meals

The trailer for Wreck It Ralph 2 dropped on Wednesday. I think it looks promising and there were definitely some moments in the trailer that made me laugh. Disney and Pixar are masters at showing just enough in a trailer and not giving away too much of the plot and this continues that pattern. (Although I was slightly disappointed we didn’t get a glimpse at any of the cameoing characters but I wasn’t really expecting that just yet.)


For a Disney collector there was also an interesting announcement, Disney have renewed their licencing deal with McDonalds, which previously ended back in 2006. The old Happy Meal toys were really nice (such as Pocahontas and Meeko pictured above), I’m interested to see what is coming next. Hopefully they can do a Disney Princess collection to release Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa and Anna!

Thursday – Elsa

Nothing has been 100% confirmed but it has been hinted that Elsa might be getting a girlfriend in Frozen 2! #GiveElsaAGirlfriend has been a pretty popular hashtag but honestly I never thought it would actually get listened to. Viewers have already got to know Elsa from the first movie and the short films so if it turned out that she was a lesbian then Disney would have a character who was not defined by their sexuality. I really hope Disney actually have the guts to make such a popular character gay because that would be absolutely incredible LGBT representation. If this does turn out to be true I think I just got even more obsessed with Frozen!

Friday – Black Panther

I’m going to see Black Panther – the latest Marvel movie – this evening. I was a little unsure at first but I have decided that I want to see it. There will probably be a review on my blog at somepoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment