Monday 19 March 2018

I Had The Best Time At Toronto ComiCon


From Friday to Sunday I was at Toronto ComiCon, I was there for the full three days and I had a fantastic time.

I was not entirely sure what to expect in all honesty, I knew that it was a relatively big convention and that was sort of it. As cliché as it sounds, it sort of felt like coming home. I am a massive geek – we all know that – and getting to spend the weekend with other geeks was a great experience. There’s just such a positive energy and a great vibe from everyone that’s sort of hard to properly describe, but I hadn’t really ever felt anything like that before, these are my people.
I’m sure people are wondering who I got to meet/see. I saw Megan Follows (Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables), John Wesley Shipp (Henry Allen/Jay Garrick from The Flash), and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi from Star Trek). All of them were great people and I am definitely glad I saw their panels.

I bought quite a lot of stuff whilst I was there, but I was prepared to buy quite a bit. Might do a haul to show what I bought.
Toronto ComiCon reperesents two firsts for me. It was the first really big convention I have ever been to. It was also the first time I have ever really properly cosplayed. I cosplayed Nightwing on Friday, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) on Saturday, and 90s Superboy on Sunday. Probably out of the three of them I enjoyed being Nightwing the most.

In some ways this feels like a ‘Turn Left’ moment for me. One of those moments where because of one choice things change for me, like going to Disneyland Paris in 2012, Grant Gustin being cast as the Flash in 2013, or buying a Tiana doll in 2016. I sort of feel like things might be about to change for me because of Toronto ComiCon. I really want to go to big conventions again and I want to get into cosplay.

If it’s not obvious from the amount of positive adjectives I’ve been using throughout this post I really enjoyed myself! I had a great weekend. The time flew by and on Sunday afternoon I was sad to be leaving Toronto. I love going to Toronto, it’s a great city, so I am truly glad that I had such a fantastic convention experience in a city that I love so deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment