Sunday 3 December 2017

Toronto in the run up to Christmas


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas when I visited Toronto yesterday.

This was the last chance for me to visit the city that I have become very attached to before I fly home for Christmas break. My goal this time was to try and experience lots of wonderful Christmas things.
I got into Toronto slightly later than I usually do and it was close to lunchtime so I started off getting lunch at a Greek place in the food court of the Eaton Centre. I decided to save the serious browsing of the Eaton Centre until later on in the day though I did pop into the Disney Store and buy Sir Jorgenbjorgen from Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.
Next I went to Nathan Phillips Square (that’s the one with the Toronto sign) as there was a Christmas Market going on there. It was a really interesting market to wander around and it looked very festive. There was ice skating going on in front of the sign which I didn’t participate in but it was interesting to watch.

Afterwards I went to the Black Canary comic coffee shop, I have to go there every time I go to Toronto! This time I had a Poison Ivy to drink and bought a couple of comics.
Then I went down to the Distillery District to visit the Toronto Christmas Market. This market was fabulous! It was a really large Christmas Market, pretty much taking up an entire block. It was really nice to wonder around and experience all that was on offer, there was also free stuff which was good! The Toronto Christmas Market even had live music performances which I saw one of. I was there for around an hour and a half so that gives you an idea of how much there was to see and do!

I walked back to the Dundas Square area, as it was starting to get dark the city was looking really nice with all the Christmas lights coming on.

I went into the Eaton Centre and had a proper browse like I usually do in a morning. It was busier than in a morning but I think it actually worked better doing it in an evening.
I returned to the Christmas Market in Nathan Phillips Square as I had wanted to see what it looked like at night. The answer is it looked amazing, the photo above doesn’t do it justice. I sat eating freshly cooked fries (really fresh there was a guy in the food truck pressing the potatoes to order) and watched people ice skating.


After that I headed over to the bus station to catch my bus back. I had a really great day, it was as festive and as fun as I’d hoped it would be. If you get chance to experience Toronto in the run up to Christmas then I would certainly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment