Friday 14 April 2017

My Disneyland Paris Doll Room



I’ve been busy crafting today and this time I made a Disneyland Paris doll room, I thought I’d do a brief post about how I made it. As with the Superhero Hang Out I made back in October this craft was inspired by tutorials from My Froggy Stuff on YouTube combined with my own creativity.


First off I took a cereal box, cut it down the centre and covered the edges and base with paper. This part is a little tedious so I had a cup of tea whilst doing it. The wonderful thing about using cereal boxes to make doll rooms is that they can be folded up for easy storage.


I next covered the main section of the box with a floral scrapbook paper. I chose a floral print as I have mainly been to Disneyland Paris during spring. The roses in this pattern also suggest a small reference to Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty.  I cut out the Disneyland Park map (I picked up a spare when I was there a few weeks back) and glued that into the box.


The side walls got covered in a snowflake patterned paper. I chose a snowflake pattern as a little visual reference to Frozen, appropriate given Elsa and Anna are regulars at Disneyland Paris these days.


With the main wallpapering done it was time to add the details. I mounted a picture of Olaf in a Disneyland Paris firework show to look like a window. I trimmed the bottom of the box with a gold tape to act as a shiny skirting board.


The room needed a piece of furniture. I made a little side table to go in this room by hot gluing an empty cotton reel, the lid from a coffee jar and an old candle stick together. I used left over images from the park map to make doll sized park maps to go on the table.


Some small finishing details were then needed to complete the room. I stuck a cut out from the back of my Frozen calendar from last year on to the wall to create a doll sized calendar. I used a length of netting with green stars to look like a curtain and secured it behind the box. I also placed a Vinylmation figure - which I bought from my first visit to Disneyland Paris – in front of either side wall.



And that’s it! Not my most advanced project ever but certainly an effective one. This space feels to me like it could be a room in Main Street or Fantasyland where people can pop into for a break whilst exploring Disneyland Paris. It’s certainly a good backdrop from characters who are often found at Disneyland Paris – as Elsa, Flynn, Rapunzel and Tiana are proving there!

No comments:

Post a Comment