Sunday 29 October 2017

Haunt!


Last night I had another new experience, I went to a Halloween event at a theme park.

Canada’s Wonderland hosts an annual event around this time of year called Haunt. The theme park is open late into the night so this means rides in the dark! There’s scare zones with actors roaming parts of the parks as zombies and other spooky things. Everywhere has been decorated for Halloween. And there’s themed haunted houses/scare mazes to walk though. As it was quite busy last night me and the friends I went with decided to prioritise going on rides over scares, generally the rides had shorter queues.

Out of the rides we went on my favourites were Leviathan and Minebuster. Leviathan is a rollercoaster that is really tall and drops and twists and turns if you like that sort of ride you’ll love it, it was a really exhilarating ride. Minebuster is a wooden rollercoaster, its drops are not as intense as some others but it is nonetheless a very enjoyable ride which really shakes you around, we went on it three times in a row!
Out of the scare mazes we only managed to do two, Sci-Fi House and Spirit Manor. Of course I wanted to do Sci-Fi House, it has aliens attacking a suburban house, why wouldn’t I want to do that! However out of the two of them I think I preferred Spirit Manor, it felt more immersive and it was a longer experience going through it.


We had a really good night, I really enjoyed myself. There’s no doubt that Haunt is definitely the highlight of Halloween 2017 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment