Saturday 15 October 2016

The Superhero Hang-Out - My Latest Craft Project

The long awaited DC and Marvel crossover, my superhero living room craft project!



So earlier this year I came across a bargain priced doll of Princess Tiana that I couldn't resist buying. This kicked off the start of a collection which has also relaunched my love crafting. Seriously - dolls are great for crafting from making outfits to making rooms. Anyway that's all a story for another post, today I've finished off a new room, a living room for the DC Superhero Girls dolls and the 12" Marvel action figures.


I make rooms like this in a cereal box - I got this idea from watching MyFroggyStuff craft vlogs on YouTube. One of the benefits to making rooms like this is that they can easily be folded up to store away when I want to change displays.



Once I have a basic decorated room it needs to be furnished! I used mini-pallets I found in Tiger and hot glued together to make a coffee table. Using old socks I made two Ottomans - another MyFroggyStuff idea - and used more sock to make cushions. I have quite a lot of socks I either never wear or wear so much that I wear them out so that's an ideal - and inexpensive - craft resource!


I bought these metal chairs from Tiger which are the perfect size for dolls. I then used fabric - in patterns that correspond with the hero's theme - to make blankets to cover the chairs. DC Superhero Girls' Bumblebee naturally got yellow and black strips whilst I chose a floral print for Poison Ivy.



And this is the more or less completed room. From this stage it just needs the dolls and their things to go in it.



So here's the DC Superhero Girls, Poison Ivy and Bumblebee in the completed room. That cacti is actually an eraser that I found in Tiger. I love displaying my collections like this, it's just a lot of fun and makes a display that is interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment